How To Lose Weight In a Month Without Dieting!
Lose weight in a month without dieting? I know…sounds to good to be true, right? Let’s just pretend for a moment you just got invited to the party event of the year. It’s an evening gown affair and you want to look your best. You take a glimpse in the mirror and realize you have to lose those last ten pounds. Yup…those same last ten pounds that seem to hang on no matter what you do.
I’m about to let you in on a strategic plan to ditch those pounds and shed inches without ever dieting! And…you don’t have to count calories…woo hoo!
Well, this might go against the grain ( no pun intended) of what you’ve been taught but its always good to think different. If you didn’t think different, you’d probably be scouring the internet for the latest “in” diet or worst yet starving yourself, right?
Ok normal, healthy weight loss is about 2 pounds a week. You’re probably saying there are 4 weeks in a month so that means I can only lose 8 pounds.
This is true if we look at it in a possible way but we’re going to look at it in an impossible way. See, anything is possible if you only believe it is. Are you ready to do this?
The first thing you want to do is change your speech pattern. Here’s what most people sound like when they want to reduce their weight. Do any of these sound familiar? ” I need to lose weight” or “I can’t seem to lose weight.”
What most women don’t realize is reducing their weight is more mental than it is physical. Women litter their speech every day with the words “can’t” and “need”. The subconscious mind always grants our wishes, and the funny thing is our true beliefs are buried way under the surface.
Its like only seeing the tip of the iceberg without realizing most of it is under the water. So, whatever you can’t seem to do, you’ll ultimately get your wish. You really have to change your speech.
For instance don’t say “need to lose weight.” Do you like being around a “needy” person? Its a total turnoff, right? So what makes you think the universe answers to a needy vibe? It will answer more often times than not when you have a want or desire to reduce your weight.
So, just say I want to reduce my weight. Simple right?
Did you notice I didn’t say lose weight just then? That’s because as kids we’re taught not to lose anything. How many times did your mother or father scold you for losing something when you were a kid?
Losing has a negative vibe attached to it so you really don’t want to ever lose anything. Just say reduce or lower.
On another note, never ever say “can’t”. If you tell yourself you can’t do something, you always get your wish…trust me on this.
Now that we’ve got the mind stuff out of the way it will make it a little easier to cover the main points to lose weight in a month without dieting. Here we go:
- Detoxification – Before you begin any program to reduce your weight, its important to detoxify your body. Our bodies are being chemically bombarded like never before through the air, water, processed foods, and even electromagnetic frequencies. It’s not uncommon for most women to have 10 to 15 pounds of undigested fecal matter in their colon. This is a result of of eating overly processed foods. These foods actually stick to the intestinal walls and become lodged in the colon. You could do a colonic or colon irrigation therapy by searching for these terms via the internet in your local area. If you’re in South Florida just email me, and I’ll be glad to recommend someone for you, you can trust. If you want to do another type of detoxification, click on this link to view a video on what I USE. I’ve also used THIS. Ideally you should have a bowel movement at least 2-3 times a day.
- Probiotics – Pro what? These are the opposite of antibiotics which wipe out the body’s good intestinal flora. Antibiotics leave the body susceptible to many illnesses since the majority of the immune system is in the gut. This is why the gut is sometimes referred to as the second brain. Probiotics help put back the body’s good intestinal flora. Just make sure you get one that works with your body chemistry. Here’s what I USE.
- Eliminate “Franken” Foods – Franken foods or Genetically Modified Foods are out there in a big way. GMO foods have been linked to acceleration in aging, insulin disorders, organ damage, and reproductive disruption. The key to all this is to Eat Real Food! At places like whole foods you can get organic fruits and vegetables but Whole Foods might aptly be called Whole Pay Check! Its the only place where literally three to four items can cost you 100.00 or more. For the best prices, I recommend local farmers’ markets or joining co-ops. If you’re in the South Florida area, here are a few places I get food from: BM Organics, Marando Farms, and Volunteer Park Farmer’s Market. Go GMO Free!
- Get Rid of Sugar – White sugar is the enemy and has no nutritional value. If you’re going to use sugar, use natural things like honey or molasses to sweeten foods. Don’t use artificial sweeteners. I know they are touted as zero calorie but they are carcinogenic and they open the cephalic response which tells the body to start storing fat. For the month give up diet sodas, sodas, sweets, etc. and you’re half way there.
- Go Gluten Free – Most women cannot tolerate gluten and it has been linked to the ” I can’t seem to lose weight” syndrome not to mention diabetes, arthritis, and other inflammatory diseases. Gluten is a protein found in wheat which comprises most breads, cakes, and pastries. Gluten can also be hidden in sauces and soups. If you don’t know if you have gluten intolerance, check out this Gluten Intolerance Post. Also… don’t over indulge in gluten free products either as they can contain starch and will made you gain weight. Along those same lines you’ll want to reduce your grain intake as well as it can cause weight gain. This means no breakfast cereals…you could eat oatmeal but it needs to be prepared properly.
- Go Easy On Starches – Things like rice and potatoes are always touted as health foods but they can stall the weight reduction process. You may even want to consider eating Paleo for the month. Paleo eating consists of meat and vegetables and yes, vegetables are carbs!
- Drink More Water – I can’t stress the importance of water enough. Most women walk around chronically dehydrated every day. Water flushes toxins out of the body and it comprises two thirds of our body weight. You want to drink good clean water preferably filtered before you get thirsty throughout the day. Contrary to popular belief, bottled waters aren’t the best but their are a few like Fiji and Penta which are great…just be careful with the plastic as they can leech into the water.
- Eat More Fats – Contrary to popular belief our bodies want fat to lose fat. Saturated fats such as butter, coconut oil, ghee, etc. are great. To add more into your diet you can take a tablespoon of coconut oil before each meal or cook your eggs in coconut oil. Additionally, using real butter and palm oil are great to boost saturated fat content.
["If you don't move your body, your brain thinks you're dead. Movement of the body will not only clear out the "sludge," but will also give you more energy” ]
― Sylvia Brown
***Move Your Body***
- Strength Training – Incorporate some form of strength training into your routine 3 days per week. You don’t always have to use weights, you can invest in a good set of resistance bands. These are great to use and portable for business trips and vacations. I have found them invaluable when working with women to help them trim and tone different areas of the body.
- HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training is what its called. No long boring cardio workouts! Don’t spend endless hours on the treadmill trying to reduce your weight. Its possible to get a great cardio workout in 20 minutes by challenging yourself and using an off-on principle. You can do one minute of all out effort on the stationary bike, stair climber, or elliptical followed by an active recovery period. This works to keep burning fat long after the workout is done. It challenges you but it works. See it HERE
If you incorporate these steps into a monthly program, you can reduce your weight significantly. These are not hard things to do. More importantly, it only takes 30 days for something to become a habit. So while you’re looking to lose weight in a month without dieting, you’re actually setting yourself up for an even bigger lifestyle change! Who would’ve “thunk it?”
PS… If you would like to know more about these strategies discussed and are fed up with the calories in, calories out weight loss model which never seems to work visit the Darkside. It is a must read for women who want to reclaim their health not just weight loss.